Weight-loss Challenge Progress

Stage 1 - 4 kg down!


Sunday, October 26, 2008

Relocate head

Motto for the moment - relocate head and stick it back on!!

I ventured back on to the track to race the women's omnium Friday night with a star studded field. We had almost 20 women racing and calculated that there weren't many missing. Davina is out with a broken arm and two others were MIA. I was taught quite a few lessons during my races. First race points scratch, sprint every other lap. Then we had Keirin, 30 lap points and finally elimination. My nerves were getting the better of me and I wasn't racing very smart. My legs were hurting but I wasn't taking them to their limits. I had a great position in the keirin, 2nd wheel (no nudging required) but started the sprint too early and really raced like a novice.

On the plus side I am reminded of how big the gap is between me and the top which is good motivation for training. I just have to remember that.

No comments: