Weight-loss Challenge Progress

Stage 1 - 4 kg down!


Sunday, June 28, 2009

If memory serves me correctly...

I was looking forward to the Winter Track Grand Prix held on Sunday. I'd never been in better form on the track, and despite not racing on the track for quite a few months I thought now was my chance to have a real crack.

We had a 20 lap scratch race first up and when I hit the track, the bike felt funny but I had no time to worry about it because we were flying from the gun. I had forgotten how much dynamics change during a big race. Wheels chopped here and there, a few hairy moments, but mainly, track racing just hurts. I think Josie Tomic won the race from Sarah Kent, Amanda O'Connor 3rd, Bec Halliday 4th.
Photo: Peter Mah

Elimination next up, I was eliminated after thinking I had already been eliminated. This time Sarah Kent won over Josie and Mel Hoskins .

The Wheelrace - 6 laps to run from Anna Meares as we were joined by the AIS sprinters in this race. Bec was starting on 85m and I was on 90m. Sprinters were on scratch with Sarah K and Josie off 20m and Mel Hoskins off 40m. 1 lap down still hadn't caught anyone in front. 2 laps down and the sprinters joined by Plan B had caught us. They were going fast. I couldn't get on the back of the train and that was the end of my race. But, this did allow me to see Mel challenge Anna for the win. It was close, the crowd were trying to help get Mel over the line first but Anna took the win.

I have no idea what happened in the points. I tried to go with Josie in the first sprint but have never gone backwards so fast.

Next time I will remember not to kill myself the day before with some torturous climbs.

No comments: