Weight-loss Challenge Progress

Stage 1 - 4 kg down!


Sunday, September 20, 2009

Dazed and confused

Some days things go well and other days, well...

State Team Time Trial, Pinjarra.
Weird weather rain clearing at the start and wind picking up at the end.

Warming up was a bit of a task in itself, I had parked in the middle of a swampland, the heavens had opened up and like usual, was running behind schedule.

I made the most of the little time I did have. Recovered from a few near disasters, got myself to the start line, had my helmet checked, replaced helmet on head and had 40s to spare.

I was riding with Anna Kauffmann and Claire McLean. Anna has been consistently performing well in Time Trials and Claire had just returned from winning two bronze medals (TT and RR) at the Paracycling World Championships. I knew I had a tough job ahead of me but I was also excited about what we were capable of.

It was a tough ride. Anna was on fire and stompin. So much so that I was really struggling 10km in. But that's how you're meant to feel, right?

I know we're not the first one's it has happened to, and I'm sure we won't be the last, but 15km in, instead of sending us right the corner marshall made us U-turn to go home. Four confirmation requests later we complied, following the lead car and returning home. I'm sure we gave all the other girls a fright as they wouldn't have expected to see us just yet.

I don't know how or why or what happened afterwards, but we were the only team to return early. We knew the course, but we had to comply with the marshall. We were offered a restart to complete the full distance, but with our hearts already poured out on the road and energy stores depleted we didn't go again.

So not the result I hoped for but a bloody hard ride anyway.

Congratulations to Plan B (1st), EHBS (2nd) and a special congrats to the SPR girls (3rd) for winning their first medal at a State Championship.

No comments: