Weight-loss Challenge Progress

Stage 1 - 4 kg down!


Wednesday, April 7, 2010

What the others say about GF

There really isn't much scientific literature out there about glandular fever or mononucleosis. I've gotten a bit disheartened by this and by the length of my recovery - when so many others have taken a few weeks not 4 months.

There is light! I'm managing full-time work now (just) and I'm hoping to start doing some cycling soon. It'll be short and with lots of reflection as to how my body is coping. The food elimination may be helping, but it's really hard to say.

I'm on the hunt for some evidence - and not really having much luck.

I did find a couple of things interesting about the mono article from Peak Performance. Firstly, stress is a very recurrent theme when talking about illness and immunity. I guess the PhD isn't really helping there - but now it seems like the stress of the PhD is larger because I don't get to go for a ride before/after work. It *will* be finished soon.

The other part of the article that caught my eye were the 'smoke signals'. Did I have any smoke signals? Maybe. I was running around like a headless chook last year. I had some other stressors and I definitely struggled for a lot of the time. and after returning from a productive work trip overseas had my training cut short one day when I truly just couldn't get on the bike.

Maybe I should go meditate now...

No comments: